The Avon Lake High boys basketball team ran into a little unexpected trouble in their bid for an unbeaten Southwestern Conference season last Saturday. The Shoremen were upended by visiting Brecksville-Broadview Hts., 65-53, and suffered their first loss of the season.
Avon Lake also dropped into a share of the SWC championship as both teams complete the league slate with 13-1 marks.
There is no time to look back, however, as the 19-1 Shoremen enter district play this Friday at Midview where they are the top seeded team and look for a return trip to regional. Brecksville, at 16-4, was totally up to the Avon Lake challenge Saturday. The Bees came out battling and kept the Shoremen at bay throughout, running up a 15 point lead midway through the third quarter.
Avon Lake’s full court pressure finally neutralized Brecksville’s hot three-point shooting as the Shoremen climbed back to trail by just 6 with two minutes left. The Brecksville- Broadview Hts. Bench exploded with excitement as time finally wound down.? It was a great game by the Bees, but Avon Lake in winning its first SWC title since 1996 has plenty to cheer about this season. And, the two teams may meet again at the Midview district where they are in opposite sides of the bracket.
- Longchamp Bags on 30 INDUCTED INTO WHS FRENCH HONOR SOCIETY
- asics australia outlet on 30 INDUCTED INTO WHS FRENCH HONOR SOCIETY
- hermes replica on 30 INDUCTED INTO WHS FRENCH HONOR SOCIETY
- celine outlet on 30 INDUCTED INTO WHS FRENCH HONOR SOCIETY
- LOUIS VUITTON REPLICA on 30 INDUCTED INTO WHS FRENCH HONOR SOCIETY