This levy is a RENEWAL.
Issue 15 is a property tax renewal that pays for the operating expenses of the Westlake Porter Public Library. This is not an increase, but a renewal of the levy that voters approved in 2008, and once renewed, will be in effect until 2018.
What will this cost me?
Since this is a renewal levy, it will not cause an increase in your property taxes.
Why do we need a levy?
Local property taxes fund approximately 75% of the library’s operating budget. State funding, now at the lowest level ever, makes up about 25% of our budget. Renewal of the levy will ensure that we can keep offering you our many services while continuing to add to our collection of library materials.
· Over 243,000 books, periodicals, DVDs, CDs, and more
· Westlake Porter Public Library circulates 5 times as many items as the national average
· Extended hours on Fridays and Saturdays, now open Sundays year round
· Access to millions of items through SearchOhio and OhioLink interlibrary loans
· Free access to technology, including computers. WiFi, wireless printing, eBook help, classes and training
· Free digital magazine subscriptions through Zinio
· Endorsed by Connecting for Kids
· 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program
· Community meeting rooms used by 28,000 people per year
For more information, visit www.westlakeporterlevy.com .
Paid for by the Porter Public Library Levy Campaign, Laura May, Treasurer, 1533 Stone Court, Westlake, Ohio 44145.