John Finucane was sworn in for a new four-year term that expires Dec. 31, 2017. Finucane graduated from john Carroll University with a BSBA in management and earned his MBA from Baldwin Wallace University. He is the president and chief operating officer of PartnerShip LLC of Westlake.
Barb Leszynski, who is serving her second-term after winning re-election, was sworn in for a new four-year term expiring Dec. 31, 2017.
Carol Winter, who is serving her second term that expires Dec. 31, 2015, was sworn in as president of the Board. Tony Falcone, who is serving his first term on the Board that expires Dec. 31, 2015, was sworn in as Vice President.
Board members adopted a resolution of appreciation for Board member Thomas Mays for his service as Board President for 2011 through 2013.
The Board also set their meeting schedule for 2014:
· Wednesday, Jan. 15, work session
· Jan. 27, regular meeting
· Feb. 3, work session
· Feb. 24, regular meeting
· March 3, work session
· Friday, March 14, regular meeting at 3pm at Westlake High School
· April 14, work session at Lee Burneson Middle School
· April 28, regular meeting
· May 12, regular meeting at Parkside Intermediate School
· June 7, special meeting, 9am at Cleveland State University, Wolstein Center
· June 9, work session at Bassett Elementary
· June 30, regular meeting
· July 14, regular meeting
· Aug. 11, work session
· Aug. 25, regular meeting
· Sept. 8, work session
· Sept. 29, regular meeting at Dover Elementary
· Oct. 13, work session
· Oct. 27, regular meeting at Holly Lane Elementary
· Nov. 17, regular meeting at Hilliard Elementary
· Dec. 15, regular meeting
*Meetings held at 5:30pm at the Administration Building, unless noted otherwise