On Saturday evening September 13, 2014, the North Ridgeville Police Department, in partnership with the STOP Underage Drinking Taskforce and The Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services Board of Lorain County, conducted a detail targeting the sale of alcohol to underage persons.
The purpose was to gauge the extent to which bar and restaurant establishments sell to minors (persons under 21 years of age).
One nineteen year old female informant was utilized, and attempts to purchase alcohol were made at 11 different bar/restaurant establishment. Of the eleven businesses, alcohol was sold to the underage informant by nine of them. During the compliance checks, employees from the following establishments were cited into the Elyria Municipal Court for underage sales of alcohol to minors:
1) Chestnut Tavern 9001 Avon Belden Rd.
2) Lone Tree Tavern 33009 Lorain Rd.
3) Ace’s Bar and Grille 32650 Lorain Rd.
4) Bullfrog’s Sports Café 33137 Center Ridge Rd.
5) Johnny Malloy’s 34263 Center Ridge Rd.
6) Brunswick Lanes 38931 Center Ridge Rd.
7) Sebastian’s Nite Club 39421 Center Ridge Rd.
8) Chrissy’s Place 39462 Center Ridge Rd.
9) Senor Coyotes 33701 Center Ridge Rd.
The establishments that did not sell alcohol to the informants were recommended for a congratulatory letter from the ADAS and North Ridgeville Police Department. The North Ridgeville Police Department wishes to express the importance of identification checks when selling alcohol.