Christmas is still a week away, but the holiday fun has already started on the Westlake Police Blotter
– Bras Boosted: Westlake Police calls were boosted last week when $2900 worth of bras were stolen from Victoria’s Secret on Main St. in Crocker Park at some point prior to Dec.8. Staff could not narrow down the time frame any further, report police.
– Don’t Invite this Guy: If you’re having a holiday party, don’t invite the intoxicated 60-year-old Berea man who pounded on the back door of a Hemlock Dr. house at 6:34 a.m. on Dec. 6. He was arrested for DCI. He thought it was 1 a.m. and that he was at “Keith’s” house celebrating a birthday. He had also urinated in his pants. Party over.
– Things got hot between a 38-year-old Remington Dr. woman and her 32-year-old live-in boyfriend who fought over how to assemble a sauna on Dec. 5 at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.. The male left the premises but later showed up at WPD and was arrested for Domestic Violence.
– Santa Sighting? A Center Ridge Rd. building owner watched a male climb a ladder onto the roof of his building on Dec. 6 at 2:04 p.m.. He followed the suspect, who seemed to be under the influence of drugs. The suspect threatened to jump off the roof and was allowed to descend the ladder. He ran off and could not be located by WPD. Maybe he thought he was a belated St. Nicholas looking for a chimney to drop gifts down.
– You just can’t be nice to some people! A 22-year-old Fairview Park man wasn’t satisfied with being cited for Failure to Yield after an accident on Dec. 7 on Center Ridge Rd. He made insulting remarks to the officer handling the report and finally told her to be careful since he might run her over. That earned him a trip to jail for Disorderly Conduct. An hour earlier, he had been assisted by WPD when his car ran out of gas and the battery died.
– Merry Christmas! An intoxicated 33-year-old man claims that a another fellow punched him in the face at the victim’s Center Ridge Rd. home on Dec. 9 around 4:50 p.m.. The suspect owes the victim $20 and after the victim called the suspect to ask about his money, he got punched. The victim declined medical attention.
– Holiday Dinner: Steaks worth $320 were stolen from Giant Eagle on Dec. 6 at 6:22 p.m A customer observed the suspect and provided his license plate number to store staff; the investigation continues.
– Scam Spotted: A Rose Rd. man paid $50 to an online company to have his computer tuned up. When he called the toll free number, a foreign-sounding male asked for $300 more; the caller hung up. His bank also recognized the recipient of the $50 as a known scam outfit and did not let the transaction go through.