AARP Tax Aide program is a free, quality service supported by friendly people in your neighborhood. IRS-trained and certified volunteers will prepare most personal federal, state and school district returns free of charge for middle to low income families, singles and elderly taxpayers.
Please bring the following information for yourself and for your spouse if you file jointly:
- Picture identification and social security cards for taxpayer, spouse and anyone else to be included on tax return
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
- All W-2 forms from each employer, if you earn a salary
- Form SSA-1099 forms showing Social Security benefits you received
- All 1099 forms showing interest, dividends, pensions, annuities, etc.
- All totaled medical/dental expenses and mileage to and from medical appointments
- All forms related to the Affordable Care Act
Following are the sites in your Lorain County area. Please make an appointment by calling the number associated with the site you wish to go to. All the returns are filed electronically.
Wait until you have received all of the information needed to complete a full return to make your appointment.