PDF: Complete Newsletter
Rocky River Early Childhood Center
- Preschoolers celebrated Dr. Seuss’ birthday with activities on Feb. 28. Students explored many Dr. Seuss books throughout the month, learning about rhymes, opposite concepts, and more.
- The Preschool Friendship Circle on Mindfulness with RRCSD guidance counselors is on March 14.
- Students will learn about the first day of spring on March 20 by having their stuffed animal bears currently in “caves” come out of hibernation.
Goldwood Primary School
- Grade 1 students hosted a music concert – The Day the Crayons Quit – for families on March 1.
- Goldwood will host a Family Math and Science Night on March 6. The evening will feature science, math, and STEM fun for kindergarten, first, and second grade students and parents.
- Goldwood is participating in Right to Read Week from March 11-15.
- The Goldwood Special Person’s Day is scheduled for March 22.
Kensington Intermediate School
- Right to Read Week at Kensington will run from March 11-15.
- The 5th and 6th Grade Spring Choir Concert is on March 26 at 7:00 pm in the RRHS auditorium.
- The Goldwood to Kensington Transition Night will be on March 27 at 6:30 pm. The event is a parent orientation at KIS for parents who will be transitioning students from second to third grade.
Rocky River Middle School
- The spring musical, “Pirates! 2”, will have two showings. Opening night is March 8 at 7:00 pm and the final performance is March 10 at 3:00 pm. The show is in the RRMS Commons both days.
- The 7th grade food drive competition will run from March 11-15.
- The RRMS PTA is sponsoring Maroon and White Night on March 22.
Rocky River High School
- The Winter Band Concert is scheduled for March 7 at 7:00 pm in the auditorium.
- The RRHS Prom Fashion Show is on March 21 at 7:00 pm.
- Now in its second year, the Robotics team will compete in the FIRST Robotics Buckeye Regional March 28-30 at Cleveland State University’s Wolstein Center.
- The Drama Department has been busy rehearsing for this year’s Spring Musical, Singin’ in the Rain, which runs from April 4-6. The show begins at 7:00 pm on all three nights.
Rocky River City School District
- Thank you to everyone who attended the RRCSD Winter Town Hall Meeting “Angst” on Feb. 25 and to the Rocky River Education Foundation for sponsoring the showing. Materials are available to download as reference guides and resources on the RRCSD website.
- The RREF Gala is on March 9. This year’s Gala will feature a car raffle, live and silent auctions. The silent auction items and car raffle are open to anyone in the community and you do not need to be present at the event to participate. Please click HERE to browse and bid on items. The car raffle and silent auction items are open to anyone in the community and can be bid on until 8:00 pm on March 9.
- The Nutrition Services Department has teamed with Nutrislice to publish lunch menus at Rocky River HS to an interactive website with a free smartphone app. Features include information about menu items, nutrition information and a filter for common food allergies. Please visit https://rrcs.nutrislice.com/menu to see upcoming menus which will be available beginning March 18.
- The Rocky River Annual Basketball Challenge Cup is on March 15 in the RRHS gym. The RRHS faculty will play the City of Rocky River at 6:00 pm. At 7:15 pm, the Goldwood/Kensington Gym Rats will square off against the Rocky River Middle School Maniacs. Tickets for the event are $4.00 and can be purchased online.
Please follow and like us: