Mayor Pam Bobst, Police Chief Kelly Stillman, and the City of Rocky River Division of Police are pleased to announce the 10th Citizen Police Academy.
- The Academy will be held at the Rocky River Senior Center, 21014 Hilliard Blvd., from 6:30 p.m. until 9:30-10:00 p.m. for fourteen Tuesdays starting January 7, 2020 and ending with a graduation ceremony on April 7, 2020.
- Topics will include RRPD Special Services, an overview of the Municipal and Common Pleas courts, crime prevention, Internet safety, domestic violence and stalking, firearms, use of force, police legitimacy and procedural justice, crime scene investigations/processing, drug abuse, and more.
- The goals of the Academy are to provide a basic understanding of the operation of the RRPD, provide insight into police work, provide a clearer understanding of citizens’ role in assisting law enforcement, help citizens feel comfortable communicating with police and City officials, and strengthen the partnership between the police and the community.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older, have a high school diploma or GED, be a resident of Rocky River or work in the City, have no pending criminal charges or civil cases, no felony, convictions, and have personal character consistent with community standards.
- Applications will be available beginning Tuesday, November 5, 2019, at the Rocky River Police Department (20325 Center Ridge Rd., driveway access off of Linden Rd.), Rocky River City Hall, or via email by request to Lieutenant George Lichman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due no later than Tuesday, December 3, 2019. Space at the Academy is limited.
- Questions can be directed to Lt. Lichman via email at email@example.com, via telephone at 440-799-8208, or at the Rocky River Police Department, 20325 Center Ridge Rd.