Community Support and Charitable Fundraising Earn Westlake Knights of Columbus Council Number One Ranking Statewide
St. Ladislas Knights of Columbus Council 16373 received multiple recognition at Ohioʼs Knights of Columbus and Supreme Convention earlier this year, among them the number one ranking of Ohioʼs Knights of Columbus councils.
“These awards are the result of a growing group of men who are truly putting their faith in action. In only our fifth year, and one of the smallest councils in Ohio.” Says Bud Tetzlaff, Councill 16373 Financial Secretary, “To earn Five Star Council and Number One in the State of Ohio is very, very special. Five Star Council was earned by less than 1% of over 17,000 councils worldwide.”
The St. Lads Knights of Columbus garnered multiple awards of recognition:
- Cleveland Diocese Recognized YOUTH OF THE YEAR
- State of Ohio GOLD AWARD
- State of Ohio Division 4, BEST COMMUNITY PROGRAM ACTIVITY: Teenage Family Assistance
- State of Ohio BEST LIFE PROGRAM ACTIVITY: Matthews Lending Library
- State of Ohio Division 4, 1st PLACE OVERALL COUNCIL
- State of Ohio STATE-WIDE 1st PLACE OVERALL COUNCIL
- FIVE STAR COUNCIL – Supreme’s highest award for programs, membership & charitable giving
From the moment of their founding in 1882, charity has been the first principle of the Knights of Columbus. They are are Catholic men of faith and men of charitable action.
Money raised from their events go directly from the Knights to the numerous charities such as Alzheimerʼs Association, Special Olympics, The Blessing House, Womankind, Faith House, Youth Challenge, Matthewʼs Lending Library, St. Judeʼs Childrenʼs Hospital and the City of Children Orphanage.
The Knights of Columbus are now over 2 million members strong and donated $178 million to various charitable causes and worked 77 million volunteer hours in the last fiscal year ending June 30, 2020.