Avon’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, December 4, 3:30-7 pm. Bring your community together by joining us for a family FUN evening! Enjoy live entertainment, Santa, reindeer, crafts, pizza, and much MORE!
Saturday, December 4 • 3:30 – 7:30 PM
French Creek District, Avon Municipal Lot, 36784 Detroit Road (behind the Senior Center)
Parking is available at:
- Municipal lot behind the Avon Senior Center (36784 Detroit Rd)
- Avon Board of Education Building (36600 Detroit Rd)
Additional Parking available:
- Avon Aquatic Facility (36265 Detroit Rd) — Lucy Idol Center shuttle busses running every 10 minutes between 3:00 and 8:00 PM. Busses pick-up and drop-off at the Aquatic Facility (36265 Detroit Rd) and in the municipal parking lot directly behind the Avon Senior Center (36784 Detroit Rd). Receive 1 FREE raffle ticket for riding the shuttle bus!
Santa has reserved time exclusively for families with kids with special needs. 1:30 – 3:30 PM – Santa will be at the Avon Senior Center (36784 Detroit Rd). The building is wheelchair accessible and activities will be available while you wait to have your family’s time with Santa. Space is limited, so please sign-up using this link to Sign Up Genius (http://bit.ly/AvonSanta).
Tree Lighting Festival Schedule of Events
AVON MUNICIPAL LOT:
- 1:00-2:00 PM – Gingerbread House Contest Drop-Off (in the Tent)
- 3:30-7:30 PM – Music, Activities & Crafts, Refreshments, Fairytale Characters
- 5:00-5:15 PM – Santa’s Claus Parade – led by The Avon Jazz Program
AVON MUNICIPAL LOT:
- 5:00-7:30 PM – Live Reindeer, Pony Rides
5:15 PM – Santa Arrives with the “Ride with Santa” Contest Winner!
- 5:15 PM – Tree Lighting Ceremony (DJ Stage)
- 5:30 PM – Performance by The Avon Choir Program
- 5:30 PM – Visit with Santa (in the Tent)
- 6:30 PM – Raffle Drawings and Gingerbread House Content Winners Announced
- 7:00 PM – Contestants Pick-up Gingerbread Houses
Gingerbread House Contest (December 4th)
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM – Drop-Off Entries in the Tent at the Festival.
- 2:00 – 4:00 PM – Judging
- 5:00 – 7:00 PM – Gingerbread Houses available for viewing.
- 6:30 PM – Winners announced (Winners need not be present)
- 7:00 PM – Contestants must pick-up their Gingerbread Houses before 7:00 PM
Ride with Santa Contest
To enter the “Ride with Santa” contest, download the contest form, frenchcreekfoundation.com/christmas, then “write to Santa” letting him know that you would like to ride with him to the Tree Lighting Festival and help him light the holiday decorations.
Parents, complete and sign the bottom of the form, then mail it to French Creek Foundation, P.O. Box 111, Avon, OH 44011, **OR** drop-off the form at Wealth Health, LLC, 35651 Detroit Road, Avon.
Children who are 3 to 14 years old prior to December 31, 2021, may enter the contest. One entry per child. Contest forms must be received by Friday, November 19, 2021, at 5 PM.
A winner will be selected from the letters received. The winner and their parent or guardian will be notified the week of December 1.
On December 4, at 5 PM, the winner will ride with Santa to the Tree Lighting Festival and help him light the decorations.
All raffle proceeds to benefit Avon Heritage Kids Who Care Club Coat Drive. KWC is collecting new coats, boots, and blankets for a partner school in need of cold weather gear.
Share the Warmth
Enter the raffle for a chance to win a LIVE Christmas Tree courtesy of LOWE’S or a prize donated by a local business. Tickets will be available for purchase at the Raffle Ticket table in the festival tent.
Receive a Free Raffle Ticket
Ride the Lucy Idol shuttle bus from the Aquatic Center to the Tree Lighting Festival on December 4th and receive 1 FREE raffle ticket. Make a monetary donation or donate a new coat, boots, or blanket for a child to the Avon Heritage Kids Who Care Club “Share the Warmth” program and receive 1 FREE raffle ticket. Drawing on December 4th at 6:30 PM. Need not be present to win.
Follow French Creek Foundation on Instagram & Facebook or visit us at frenchcreekfoundation.com/christmas for more information on Parking & Event Agenda.