RR Schools Newsletter | Volume 1 | Number 6, February 2019
PDF: Complete Newsletter
Rocky River Early Childhood Center
- The preschool is participating in a Global School Play Day on Feb. 6 and has its next Family Involvement Day on Feb. 8 at Skyzone.
- Preschool is hosting its annual Grandparents’ and Special Persons’ Day on February 21.
- The preschool Scholastic Book Fair runs from February 21-22.
- Spring Parent Conferences for preschool take place on February 22 and March 1.
Goldwood Primary School
- Goldwood hosted a Kindergarten Information Night on February 4.
- Rocky River Mayor Pamela Bobst will visit GPS and speak with Kindergarten classes on February 7.
- The GPS Grade 1 Spring Music Concert is scheduled for March 1. The first performance takes place at 10:30 am and the second is at 2:00 pm.
Kensington Intermediate School
- The Kensington Talent Show Cast “A” performance is on Feb. 8 at 7:00 pm and the Cast “B” performance takes place on Feb. 9 at 7:00 pm. Both shows are in the RRHS auditorium.
- Grade 4 will host its Music Concert on Feb. 21 at 7:00 pm in the RRHS auditorium.
Rocky River Middle School
- A total of 17 essays written by RRMS students were selected for district competition in the Patriot’s Pen competition. Morgan Way, Leonardo Bonacci and Seth Purohit earned special recognition for their work as the top three finishers at RRMS.
- The Honors Geometry Math Competition was held on Feb. 5 with students from RRMS and RRHS.
- Eighth grader Martha Kolpien will represent the District in the 2019 Regional Spelling Bee on Feb. 23.
- The 7th grade Band and Choir Concert will take place on Feb. 27 and the 8th grade Band and Choir Concert takes place on Feb. 28. Both concerts start at 7:00 pm in the RRMS Gym.
Rocky River High School
- Dean (‘77) and Scott (‘81) Mueller, Michael Chernus ‘95 and the 2013 girls’ soccer state championship team have been named to the RRHS Hall of Fame. The group will be honored and recognized on Sept. 27 at the Homecoming parade and during pregame and halftime of the Pirate football game.
- Junior Nadine El-Dabh was selected to the Ohio Music Educators Association All-State Choir.
- Senior Jaydin Dominguez earned a spot in the State Forensics Tournament for Humorous Interpretation.
- Senior volleyball and track standout Ava Rauser and former RRHS cross country/track athlete Anna Brandt were selected as finalists for awards at the 19th Annual Greater Cleveland Sports Award. Rauser is a finalist in the “Female High School Athlete of the Year” category, while Brandt – a sophomore at Cleveland State – is a finalist for the “Female Collegiate Athlete of the Year” Award.
Rocky River City School District
- All schools in the District are closed on Feb. 18 in observance of Presidents Day.
- The inaugural Family First Night in the RRCSD takes place this month. The District-wide initiative provides an opportunity for families to spend an uninterrupted evening together. Family First Night is on February 20 for the Preschool, Goldwood Primary School, Kensington Intermediate School and Rocky River Middle School and on February 27 for Rocky River HS.
- The RRCSD is hosting a Winter Town Hall Meeting on February 25 with the screening of Angst at 7:00 pm in the RRHS Auditorium. A panel discussion will follow the screening.
- The Rocky River Community Challenge Family Game Week is from February 25 through March 3. The 14th annual event encourages families to unplug, spend time together, play games, be active, have a special family outing and have fun.
Please follow and like us: