Expecting a baby is an exciting time in life that comes with a range of emotions from elated joy to anxious uncertainty. To help alleviate some common “mom-to-be” jitters, Cleveland Clinic’s Avon Pointe Family Health Center will host a free event geared towards educating expecting moms about planning, pregnancy and parenthood on Wednesday, March 12.
From 6:30p.m. until 8:30p.m., expecting moms can learn more about this exciting time in life from Cleveland Clinic women’s health and pediatric specialists in a relaxed environment without having to make an appointment. The evening will include a tour of the pediatric facility, giveaways, light refreshments and an open question and answer time with the following panel of experts:
– Shabab, Wadie MD, Pediatrician at Avon Pointe, Vice Chair for the Pediatric Institute and Children’s Hospital, Vice Chair for Community Pediatrics
– Kathi Krumphanzl, RN, ICCE, IBCLC Perinatal Education/Lactation at Fairview Hospital
– Andrea Preston, MD, Pediatrician at Avon Pointe
– Jean S. Reinhold, MD, Obstetrician at Avon Pointe
Attendees are invited to submit their questions for the panel session on topics like:
– Planning or preparing for pregnancy both mentally and physically
– Newborn care
– Parenting advice
– Selecting a pediatrician
The event will take place at the Avon Pointe Family Health Center located at 36901 American Way in Avon and is free and open to expecting parents. Registration is required by calling 877-234-34878 or by visitingwww.clevelandclinic.org/childbirthed.